Thursday, March 25, 2010

Terrible, No Good, Very Bad Day! (well ok not that bad... unless your 2)

What started as a nice day of snuggles with Wolfgang since Wyatt decided to sleep in quickly turned.  When Wyatt did finally get up I quickly realized that he slept in because he was running a fever of 102.  He didn't want to eat breakfast and requested to watch TV to which I obliged.  Our morning was uneventful, mostly watching TV with a quick trip to the Pediatrician (to find out that Wolfgang is small, but perfectly healthy).  
Nap time was short for Wolfgang and he was oh so happy to enjoy an ice cream treat with Mommy while Wyatt continued to sleep.  Wolfgang has a sweet tooth - oh so much like his Mommy.  I took the ice-cream out of the freezer and he saw it and t-rex walked his way over to me making the "oooooo" face!  It was the cutest thing and I really wish I had the camera with me... heck I may even try to recreate tomorrow :)
When Wyatt woke up he was still running a fever so I turned the TV on for Wyatt so he could relax.  About 20minutes after 3 he decided to lean off the couch to try to see what Wolfgang was doing and fell face first to the ground putting his tooth right through his lip and bruising the heck out of his cheek.  As i was cleaning Wyatt up and getting the bleeding to stop I put Wolfgang in the crib for safekeeping... he bit his tongue jumping so then I had to crying and bleeding boys to take care of!  It was a hectic few minutes but frozen yogurt tubes made it all better and I was able to make dinner in (relative) peace.
The rest of the evening was uneventful and filled with cars and regular boy stuff :)
Wyatt went to bed fine but woke up at 9 and the fever had gone up to 103.  So i dosed him with Tylenol and snuggled him in my bed.  I tried to convince him to take his shirt off but he was appaled! "Mommy! I can't sleep NA-KED!!!"  
I reasoned with him, "Mommy sleeps naked every night"
His response... "We better get you some jammies at da tore!

Here is Wyatt's Fat lip :)



















(I started writing this last night... but got distracted away from the computer dealing with Mr. Sickie)

1 comment: