Saturday, March 13, 2010

Negotiations...

Wyatt woke up from his nap this afternoon and announced that he was "going to Waddy Gators house.  Gonna pay san-box.  Come on Mommy.  Yets Go!"1
I  told him that if he wanted to visit with Wally Gator and Nanny Susie that he needs to call to ask if he can come over.  After calling and inviting himself for a visit, I explained that I would be dropping him off and coming home.  He agreed and off we went!  In the car after explaining to me that I should have 2 hands on the steering wheel because that's the "good way to drive Mommy, 2 hand on da wheel!"2 he stared in with the negotiations...
"Mommy, you can pay wit me at Waddy Gator house.  Is fun Mommy!  Gator will pay wit you!"3  I again affirmed that I would be dropping him off and returning home, but would be back to get him before bed.  With out pause he tried another angle... "Nanny Susie yikes you Mommy, you can pay with Nanny Susie!"4 Once again I let him know that I wasn't staying, but that Nanny Susie and Wally Gator would play with him, he would have a really fun time.  I would come back at bed time to get him.  Like only a 2 year old can he tried again: "You can pay wit me!  We can race!  Race wit me Mommy!"5  As I started to again explain the arrangement for his visit we pulled into my parents driveway.  After a few shy moments Wyatt was in the basement racing with Wally Gator and I could sneak out.  I couldn't help but giggle to myself on the way home as I thought of Wyatt trying every angle he could think of the get me to stay with him, and then not even notice as I left!

1 [Going to Wally Gators House.  Going to play in the sand box.  Come on Mom, Lets Go!]
2 [Good way to drive Mom.  Two hands on the wheel]
3 [Mom you can play with me at Wally Gators house! Its fun Mom!  Gator will play with you!"
4 [Nanny Susie Likes you Mom!  You can play with Nanny Susie!]
5 [You can play with me!  We can race! Race with me Mom!]

4 comments:

  1. Adorable! Leslie..LOVE the baby talk translation..lol. Can't wait to read more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh so cute!!! I miss that--you blink an eye and they are telling you how uncool you are. Enjoy this Leslie and good for you for writing it down. It will be a treasure for you some day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So adorable! I LOVE Wyatt-talk! Bethany has some cute things to say but (fortunately/unfortunately) she speaks pretty clearly so I missed out on the adorable toddler talk. I look forward to the next installment of weird and wonderful experiences with your two little boys.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fabulous blog! I love how in the moment it is!

    ReplyDelete