Thursday, September 22, 2011

First day of Kindergarden!

I cannot believe that my Wyatt has started school! Monday the 12th was Wyatt's official first day.  It was for 3 hours and I was expecting him to be delightfully excited for me to leave him to his love of learning.  Oh man was I shocked!  Wyatt screamed and cried and Mme Stolfi had to drag him into his class room.  I was heart broken for him.  And spent the 3 hours worrying if he was ok and feeling terrible that he missed me... Of course when Wolf and I returned to collect Wyatt he was too busy with his new friend to even say "Hi" to me.
His second day (first full day) was similarly filled with tears and I braced myself for a long transition to tear free goodbyes.  A cute little boy in line kept telling Wyatt not to worry, that school is fun and they "dont do ANY work!" and that he would hold his hand if Wyatt was sad.  When I picked him up from his first day he excitedly told me that he has 2 new girl friends!!! I asked what their names were and he replied, "I don't remember, but they are pretty".  He also told me that he "slept with a lot of girls" (read books on his blanket at quiet time with the girls).
I was pleasantly shocked when on the third day he happily ran from me and shouted, "Love you mom! have a good day! See you soon!" and lined up with his class.  Hoping for more drop offs like day 3 and years of fun at school for my Mr. Bright Eyes!

No comments:

Post a Comment